Benefits of working with a personal injury lawyer in California
Severe injuries can cause lost wages, expensive medical bills, and extreme pain and suffering. If you have been injured from the intentional, unintentional, or negligent actions of another person, business, or entity, you may receive compensation for your losses and injuries by filing a California personal injury claim.
Many simple injuries with little property damage may be filed without legal help, but if you have suffered severe loss, permanent disability, or you will miss an extended period of time from work, you may need to hire a California personal injury lawyer.
Help from a California Personal Injury Attorney
Personal injury lawyers in California are familiar with injury claims and what you must prove to win your California injury case. They also work on a contingency fee basis and are only paid a percentage of your recovery if they win your case. Injury lawyers will fight to help you win your California injury case by doing the following:
- Fighting to ensure you get the most compensation for your losses.
- Reviewing the circumstances of your injuries and ensuring you have a valid claim.
- Answering all of your questions regarding California injury laws.
- Determining if you can settle your case or if you need to go to court.
- Negotiating a fair settlement with the insurance company.
- Providing advice and guidance through the entire claim's process.
- Fighting for your rights against the insurance company.
- Hiring expert witnesses to testify in your case.
- Helping you avoid common pitfalls in a California injury claim.
Do I really need to hire a California injury lawyer?
As mentioned above, many injury claims in California are settled without legal help directly with an insurance company. Unfortunately, some insurance companies may be more concerned with their bottom line than insuring you get the compensation you deserve.
Before deciding whether to hire an injury lawyer review the laws in your state, determine the extent of your injuries, and verify the costs of your claim. If you can easily negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company, than you will not need to hire a California injury lawyer.
If, however, you believe the insurance company is not offering a fair settlement, you have severe injuries, high property damage costs, or you cannot return to work, contact a lawyer and determine if they can help you negotiate a higher settlement amount than you can negotiate on your own.